1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter. For example, when you search for or buy a product or service, or when you supply information such as your address, phone number or credit card. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our website, and communicating with you. In addition, if you choose, we may share your information with other companies who provide goods or services that you are interested in. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection in Section 4 of this policy.
- Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
- Information from Other Sources. We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This may include updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
- Customized Shopping. We use your information to better serve you by providing a customized shopping experience. As noted above, you may “opt-out” of this customization, or even visit and shop anonymously.
- Agents. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Special Offers. We may send you special offers from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers. In addition, we may also send you special offers from other companies. Again, you may “opt-out”. If we send you offers from other businesses, we do not share your personal information with them. The offers come directly through us. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection at the end of this policy.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that we are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Law Enforcement. If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3. How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We use encryption to protect your information contained in our customer list.
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- No system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock can not guarantee physical security. However, we take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure.
4. Your Choice: Opt-in or Opt-out.
- It is your choice whether to receive emails or special offers from us or others. The following section provides you with this choice. Please note the default settings.
- Please send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of your products or services.
- Please do not send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of your products or services.
- Please send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of related products or services from other companies.
- Please do not send me email or other mail informing me of special offers of related products or services from other companies.
- We do not sell products or services to children. If you are under 18, you may use this site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
6. Other Websites
7. Contact Us
Section 1. Different sites will collect different information. For example, if you do not collect credit card information, do not include this. YOUR site must be customized for the data that you collect. Same with cookies. If you do not use them, simply state that.
Section 2. It is highly recommended that you not sell your customer lists or other personally identifiable information to others, e.g. marketing firms or other companies. It is far better to rent out a one time use of selected customers, where YOU send out the email offers of another company. That way the information never leaves your premises and is always under your control. If however you plan to sell or rent the p.i. information of your customers, you should inform them of this possibility and give them an opportunity to opt-out of that action.
Section 3. You must provide the security you promise. Different levels of security are appropriate for different types of businesses. You should certainly have a firewall and limited access protection, at a minimum. Encryption of the customer list is highly recommended, and is getting easier.
Section 4. The opt-in/opt-out section is very important. The bullets represent clickable choices, that is, circles that can be dotted. You will want to set the default settings on the choices #1 and #3, that allow you to send special offers from your own site and also from related companies.
Section 5. There are special laws protecting the privacy of children, including the federal Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). It is safest not to sell to or collect information from children. If your site is specifically directed at children, then you should seek specific legal advice on how to comply with these laws.
Section 6. Privacy guidelines require that visitors be able to access their information.